LATINO VICTORY PROJECT
Last Updated: June 25, 2019
website, mobile application and other online products and services that link to this Privacy
Policy (collectively, the "Site").
by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with
additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email
stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information
when you make a donation, request information, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to
receive updates, sign up for an event, apply for or inquire about a job or internship, make a
purchase, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include
your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, and other
information you choose to provide. In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may
require us to collect personal information from political donors. For example, the FEC requires
us to collect the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose
political donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of
browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before
navigating to our Site.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to
access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers
and mobile network information.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various
technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or
mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that
helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are
popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as
"tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and
help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and
how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we
collect through our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
• Provide the information you request and to process and complete your donations,
registrations, purchases and related transactions;
• Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide
• Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information about our
organization or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and
information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources,
promotions, products and services;
• Solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for candidates, issues and
organizations that we support;
• Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and
administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and
operation of, the Site;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and
provide you with better information and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Latino Victory Project is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed
by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you
consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such
information to carry out work on our behalf.
• To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, if applicable, including
name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose political
contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at
• With organizations, candidates, groups or causes that we believe have similar political
viewpoints, principles or objectives;
• With candidates or organizations to whom you have made a donation through the Site;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any
applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements
or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Latino Victory Project or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, sale of assets,
financing or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or
transferred as one of the assets of Latino Victory Project; and
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the
information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook
"Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice
versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the
public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing
feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in
connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that
provide these features.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
web beacons and other technologies to collect information about your use of the Site and other
websites, including your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links
clicked and conversion information. This information may be used by Latino Victory Project
and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain
content, deliver content targeted to your interests on our Site and other websites and better
understand your online activity.
Latino Victory Project takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from
loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to
set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies
does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete
or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the
availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters by following the
instructions in those emails or text messages by unsubscribing here, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.